Project Anywhere hosts and disseminates art and research undertaken outside traditional exhibition circuits.
Project Anywhere’s evaluation criteria stress that all project proposals must make a clear and compelling case for the proposed project’s potential to contribute to knowledge in an identified field of creative practice. It is also expected that all proposals identify relevant literature and related artistic precedents. Projects can be speculative or discursive in nature and may extend or contradict existing methodologies. All proposals received by Project Anywhere are reviewed by 4 artist academics of international standing. All applicants receive a comprehensive compilation of feedback for future consideration.
Evaluation criteria applied to project proposals:
1. The proposed project is identifiable with following definition of research: Research is defined as the creation of new knowledge and/or the application of existing knowledge so as to generate new concepts, methodologies and understandings.
2. The proposal makes a clear and compelling claim for the project’s potential to contribute to knowledge in an identified field of creative practice (the project can be speculative, experimental or discursive in nature). The claim should be made in the form of a hypothesis or proposition and it should identify relevant literature and aligned creative works; it may identify the project’s potential to build upon creative precedents; it may extend or contradict existing methodologies.
3. The project description is articulated clearly; ideas are comprehensible.
Score: After writing each evaluation, our reviewers are asked to indicate a score. These scores are tallied and averaged to produce our final project rankings.
1. Reject: Proposal/project inappropriate or has little merit.
2. Probable reject: Basic flaws in content or very poorly presented.
3. Marginal tend to reject: Not significantly flawed; major effort necessary to make acceptable.
4. Marginal tend to accept: Content has merit, but could be improved.
5. Clear accept: Project meets evaluation criteria; improvements may be advisable but acceptable as is.
6. Must accept: Outstanding proposal/project. Suggested improvements still appropriate.
All proposals submitted to Project Anywhere are comprehensively reviewed by 4 artist academics of international standing. Re-submitted “provisionally accepted” proposals are then reviewed by our International Editorial Committee.
Project Anywhere retains all verification materials that demonstrate that evaluation criteria are met. These materials can be made available for external auditing upon request.